- Soybeans Mostly 2 Cents Lower in Early Friday Action
- Soybeans are trading mostly 2 cents per bushel lower this morning. Front month soybean futures were higher on Thursday, though gains were limited to 2 1/4 cents. Preliminary open interest showed some net new buying, rising 4,678 contracts across all months. Red Nov prices were a penny higher to $12.53/bu....
- Corn Pulls Back As Dollar Strengthens
- Corn futures are 1 to 2 cents lower this morning, seeing a little pre-weekend profit taking. At the close for the Thursday session corn was 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 cents higher. Positions were being actively rolled out of December into March, looking at the OI statistics. Red December prices...
- Wheat Futures Lower in All Three Markets
- The three US wheat markets are all lower going into the morning break, by 2 to 4 cents. Front month wheat futures added another double digits to several contract months on Thursday. CBT SRW futures closed 9 1/4 to 12 3/4 cents higher. Some net new buying interest was involved,...
- Cattle Futures Mixed on Lowest Wholesale Beef Prices Since August
- Live cattle futures were within 7 cents of UNCH on Thursday in some 2021 contracts. The 2022 contracts extended gains, however, closing 35 to 42 cents in the black. USDA says cash trade for the week has remained light mostly at $123-$124 in the South and $124 in NE. The...
- Cotton Fades Thursday Gains on Stronger Dollar, Pre-Weekend Position Squaring
- Cotton futures ended the Thursday session with triple digit gains of 113 to 159 points. At the close December was 13 above the week’s start price, having fully erased Monday’s collapse. This morning futures are trading 1 to 33 points lower, with December the weakest on pre-weekend profit taking. The...
- Hogs Sharply Higher, Still in Broad Trading Range Ahead of H&P Report
- Lean hog futures ended the Thursday round of trade with triple digit gains, led by a $3.12 recovery in December. Haiti confirmed its first ASF case since 2014. USDA’s National Average Base hog price for Thursday PM was $76.53 after a 63 cent drop. The CME Lean Hog Index for...
Floydada, Texas (79235)